1824 William Blake purchased the House and renamed it.
1851 Anthony Parsons employed as Head Gardener
1875 William Blake died and William John Blake succeeded to the estate
1859 Anthony Parsons built the Fernery – completed in 1860
1875 William John Blake died
1902 The Blake Family moved out and rented the House to successive tenants
1916 A disastrous fire occurred
1919 The Blake Family sold the House to the Dewar family.
1937 The Dewar Family moved out
1939 Danesbury House was used as a TB Hospital
1943 House requisitioned by the army as a bakery
1944 The Dewar Family sold the estate to the Barnet (Hospital) Management group
1955 The House became home for long term stay hospital patients
1964 Some land sold to build the Danesbury Housing Estate
1985 The Welwyn Hatfield District Council acquired the remaining land for agricultural purposes, or passive recreation.
1993 The Danesbury Hospital moved to the Queen Victoria Memorial Hospital grounds in School Lane, Welwyn
1993 The House became derelict
1998 Danesbury House restored and converted into apartments.