Because this will be the last Work Party before we hold our 2nd September Welwyn Autumn Festival Open Garden event, we are not this month organising a Work Party in the Nature Reserve.
We will instead organise 2 separate Fernery Groups.
Fernery Group 1 – Leader Jenny
Group One will concentrate on Fernery gardening jobs:
- Helping Jenny in the Wild Flower beds
- Bark up the beds where the Oak bough landed to tidy them up and
- Remove the grass on the paths close to the edges to smarten up their appearance.
Fernery Group 2 – Leader Harry
Group 2 will concentrate on General Site work :
- Continue to cut back the nettles and undergrowth that has grown alongside the Victorian wrought iron fence inside the Fernery
- Remove the piles of dead nettles and place in the new compost area
- Clear the nettles leading to the vehicle gate which we’ll be using during the Open Garden event, together with mowing the grass and
- Fill all badger and rabbit holes where they’re on or close to the paths.
The long range forecast is for Light Rain and a gentle breeze – but believe none of it!
We aim to meet at the Fernery from 9.30am for a prompt 10am start.
If you are unsure how to get to the Fernery, please go to the website to find out Where We Are. Wear strong boots and clothing suitable for gardening type work, and bring a drink for refreshment.
COVID 19 Safety
Please note that as Individuals, and as a group, we must follow all current Covid Rules. Where possible please therefore bring your own favourite hand tools to avoid the need to share.